Lake Maspenock Preservation Association
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
MARCH 4, 2013
Malcolm, Brian, Frank, Tina, Patty, Mike, Mark
Start time: 7:03 pm
1. Review and vote to accept minutes from January 22nd meeting.
Post meeting minutes to website after board approval
Malcolm had changes:
Add the word “minutes” to title of document
Mike should have been added as attending the meeting
Clarify that nothing will be acted on: Carol Esler’s conservation
Overlay District comments
Machine Sand in the Park and Rec comment – change to “the sand will be machined, water depth must remain 3–4 feet deep”
Motion to accept minutes with amendments:
2. Treasurer’s Report – Dues rec’d?
There is $1,144.07 in checking account
Paid fee for Spring Social to Rod and Gun — $75.00
Email sent to membership on 3/2 – 90 emails, 3 responses
Drew – change PayPal account to the new bank
3. Carol Esler – Email to membership concerning protecting lake views
when new construction takes place.
Carol is more than welcome to address this issue at the Annual Meeting with the membership. Malcolm had advised Carol of what should be addressed in an email to membership. Waiting for her response.
4. Fund raising
Mike met with Collela’s and Price Chopper. He will bring our brochure to Colella’s at their request, he will get the name of the person in Price Chopper’s Corporate headquarters to talk to. Did not get to talk to anyone at Bill’s Pizza. He will follow up with PR person from EMC.
5. Dam Advisory committee – Update-Mike, Mark, Frank
Frank and Mark signed up for the Committee, Frank has been sworn
in by the Town. Dave Gibbs to also sign up. Meetings will begin
once committee is formed and they have a schedule of meetings
6. Letter to EMC to express the need to look at the future of the complete parcel owned by EMC – Sent last week
Malcolm sent letter to EMC last week after review of E Board members
7. Prepare report to be submitted to Conservation Comm. concerning
the results of the more extensive draw down. Post original report on our
Malcolm to prepare the report and send the original report to Jen for
posting on our website and Facebook
8. Prepare Annual review of 2012, “State of the Lake”, for LMPA members
Malcolm to prepare report
9. Friends of Whitehall Annual meeting – February 5th, Guest speaker From DCR to present information about weed control – did anyone attend?
No one attended the meeting
10. Boating safety course – Mark
Mark sent a note to Peter regarding this years course
Waiting to hear back from him
Mark to send a note to Jack Mason as well
Need to pick a date soon
11. Spring kick-off social – March 30th
Paid for rental of Rod and Gun Club
E Board Members to contribute the Appetizers
E Board members to arrive at 6 pm to set up
Social event – 7pm to 10 pm
Invitation to membership to be sent this week
Tina will ask Drew to get the trophy and have new winner inscribed
12. Meeting concerning zoning at 169 West Main
No one attended the meeting
Looking to get the zoning changed to Business Zone from rural business. The uses that would be allowed under the business zoning would be about the same as currently allowed.
13. New Business
Discussed various events for 2013:
Annual Meeting – 7 pm on May 20th at Tina’s – E Board to discuss
further at April E Board Meeting
Family Fun Day – after beach closes for the season due to construction
in the Spring
Fishing Derby – May/June
Save the Date email once we finalize dates for upcoming events
14. Next meeting?
Monday, April 8th – 7:00 pm, Tina’s
Motion for adjournment:
End time: 8:34 pm